Santa Rita Fruit-scape

This is a Santa Rita cactus. They’re commonly used in landscaping since they have attractive bluish, greenish, purplish pads. This one was across the street at the end of my driveway.

Specific Feedback Requested

This is an experiment. It was 100+ outside, full sun, and shortly after noon. I wanted to test processing an image from these conditions using a linear profile and as a sketch-o-graph. The linear profile helped control the highlights and the sketch helped to bring out the colors and textures in the shadows.

What do you think? I doesn’t exactly look photographic, but maybe a little still?

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
This is a focus blend of several exposures.

4 Likes

“Sketch-o-graph” is a new one to me. Tony, this really grabbed my attention. First, those great colours, followed by the composition, especially the two waves of “fruit”. Finally I got in close to truly appreciate how sharp everything is. A five-star picture.

1 Like

Beautiful colors, especially in the shadows and very well composed. I am finding the brights a bit harsh for my tastes but not bad for mid day conditions.

Wonderful lighting, colors and composition, Tony. Also enjoy your “sketch-o-graph” series. Great experiment with outstanding results.

Beautiful photo. No nits here!

Love the composition and the colors. Interesting experiment on the sketch-o-graph. Is that an actual plugin or something you’ve worked out in Photoshop? Very curious about it.