Scalloped Rock

This image is of a rock wall at Sunset Beach in Shore Acres State Park in Oregon. It was taken with an iPhone.

Any feedback is appreciated.

4 Likes

This is beautiful Chris. Reminds me of the native american sand paintings. Wonderful texture and rhythm to the image. Very nicely seen and executed.

Another from Shore Acres - I’m quite intrigued now. This reminds me of a shelf fungus. It’s lovely as presented - did you do any processing?

Wonderful colors, textures, and patterns. Well composed.

Yes, now that you mention it, it does look like a fungus. This is from some time ago and I know I edited it in Snapseed on my iPad. I’m sure I used HDR and Detail.

Thank you. It’s all about the texture and pattern.

Chris: Shore Acres is coming in early for this challenge. Love the textures and patterns and goes to prove that you can make a good image with just about any camera if you have vision and ability. Well done. >=))>

Beautiful textures in this image. The highlights almost give it a sort of emboss look and brings out almost a 3D feel to the image that i really like.

Chris, your capture of the scalloping looks great. I’m thoroughly enjoying the big swirls and how you’ve positioned them in the frame.

Thanks, Mark. I loved the patterns that were in the rock wall.

Simeon – what a great description of the photo. Thanks.

Thanks, Bill. Yes, Shore Acres is a wonderful place for rock patterns and textures.

You’re right, it does look like sand paintings. Thanks for your feedback.

Excellent abstract study of lines and tones. Very well done.

1 Like