Seascape photography books?

Any book recommendations on seascape photography? Or, maybe just the name of a photographer whose seascape work you like?

Images of the larger ocean scene (from the beach) are difficult for me. Sometimes there are rock formations out in the water, and also in the sand. I’m never really sure what works and what doesn’t work. I enjoy small scenes at the beach, and I follow some photographers who do that. But for now, I’m more interested in the larger scenes.

Thanks.

One of our members, @GregVaughn might be able to point you in the right direction. He’s got a great book “Photographing Oregon” that I have and refer to all the time. It’s not a seascape photography book in itself, but he’s certainly a photographer whose images I admire.

1 Like

Webpage rachaeltalibart.com

2 Likes

Thanks David and Ola. Much appreciated!

Cole Thompson has some interesting images from Bandon. The key seems to be using ND filters that greatly increase exposure time.

Your question actually has two subjects. How to shoot great seascapes and where to shoot seascapes in Oregon. The good seascape artists seem to be scattered all over the internet. I see good ones from Europe as well.

1 Like

Thank you very much, David!