Setting Moon Over GT Valley - Pano

A “Big Salute” goes out to all my fellow vets on this veterans day weekend. Thank you each for your service.

This was a 3 horizontal image panoramic from the area of Geology Tour in JTNP. I’d been here to this same spot 2 previous outings with lack luster sunrise lighting. Finally with a full late setting moon it all came together.

Mamiya RB67 ProSD - Mamiya “C” 150mm lens - 3 stop soft grad - Velvia 50

Please do not critique this image. Galleries are for sharing and discussion only.
1 Like

Paul,

Gotta love the earth’s shadow. Great job showcasing the colors here. A grand JT landscape for sure; Terrific job with the pano. Of course the moon is a bonus. Beautiful landscape.

Lon

A wonderful panoramic image Paul, and yes, it finally came together beautifully for you…and you captured it. Love that sky color and the moon is the finishing touch. Very nice work!

Real sweet sky gradient and great moon. I usually don’t like the inclusion of a moon, but it works really well here. Fine scene!

Thank you each for your reviews and thoughtful comments on this scene…:+1:

@ Harley, I agree. I’ve never done any photos based upon just a moon take per se, but if they do fit the scene then OK. I think after 30 years I might have 5-10 scenes that include moons of any sort…:grinning:

Lovely color in the sky, like Lon says “gotta love the earth’s shadow.”

Really nice serene feeling in this image Paul. When I first started out in landscape photography I tried to include the moon no matter what, and ended up with a lot of unsuccessful shots. I like your philosophy of only including it if fits the scene, and that worked pretty effectively for you here, it creates a nice counterbalance to the rock formation on the right.

The earth shadow along with the pink pastels has created such a lovely layered sky, Paul. The pano format works well as does the FG desert landscape and the placement of the moon in the scene is perfect. Beautifully done.

The earth shadow and the Moon in the Venus band really makes this image. Also the subtle warm lighting on the land is just so rich. This must make a very detailed huge print?