Shapes

The repenthes, a carnivorous plant coming from South Asia that can grow here too, has an harmonious shape resembling a skin bottle. I focused on their shapes.

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

D850, Nikkor 200mm macro - 1/125, f/4,2, ISO 100

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Gigi: Not your usual fare but what a fascinating plant and a fine capture. The textures in the main subject are marvelous. Intriguing subject and comp. Most excellent. >=))>

A superb composition and brilliant lighting as I have come to expect from your images, Gigi. The color is unusual and very effective-they look like they’re the work of a metalsmith. I love it.

Wonderful! Great composition with excellent brights and contrasts. Love the organic shapes and tones. Is this natural colors or converted to single tone or sepia? Great shot.

A beautifully balanced composition, Gigi, and a fascinating subject. The variations in tone are a delight.

A natural color Ej. Thanks for your interest.