Silhouette

Hi,
I recently started making landscape pictures using longer lenses and I would appreciate any feedback regarding the technical, artistic and post processing aspects. I am finding out that composing images with a longer lens is a bit easier and allows me to focus on more intimate nature scenes.

1 Like

Hi Richard,

I find that this image has mood and that the main tree in the composition has a decent form. Compositionally I find the bottom of frame a little but busy, maybe a cop from the bottom will focus the frame on the backlit and form of the tree.

Overall I think the image is a bit under exposed. Boosting the exposure of the image will still keep your silhouette but will enhance the light and the colour of the sky.

Hi Nathan, thank you for your feedback. I am venturing into smaller landscape and I have a lot to learn. I took a second look at this image and tried to enhance it using your recommendations.

2 Likes

Oh my! This is a moody image isn’t it? I quite like it. The original horizontal captures the mood best in my opinion. It’s quite dark and that’s not necessarily bad (if that was the intention). The vertical lacks the mood.

Hello Igor, thank you so much for sharing your thoughts. I was trying to figure out what was lacking with my vertical image and you gave me the answer: the vertical lacks the mood. It amazes me that I could not figure this out by myself… sadly, I am not the best judge of my own pictures. Thank you very much for your help.