Smooth Transitions

Sun shining through heavy fog over a fresh snow blown mountain side. I thought this might make for a challenging puzzle.

Sony a6000, SE1670Z @ 16 mm, ISO-100, f/5.6, 1/640, hand held.

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Yeah, it’s a white dog against fresh snow…:smile::wink: I do believe that I see the top of a mountain lurking in this near white out, Gary. This is a great collection of very subtle tonal changes with a few hints of reality peeking through. Good job on seeing this and stopping for some shots.

Gary,

Ok, a given this is an outstanding entry to the WC. I can just see someone trying to separate the tonal values in puzzle pieces… "ok, I’ll get all the brighter ones for the upper right, and you separate all the darker ones in the lower left. anything that looks blue, that goes upper left…

WC aside - this is a phenomenal image. There’s just that touche of textured reality in the LR that grounds the viewer… otherwise this is so ethereal and mysterious. Love it.

Lon

Gary: One might have as much luck with this one if you turned the pieces upside down. Love the subtle contours. Most excellent. >=))>