So that what love looks like

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

This photograph was taken on April 3, at Rocky Nick State Park and Geese were the only birds in the park. I see this mating pair quite often when I visit the park.
Thank you for stopping by.
Peter

Specific Feedback

any

Technical Details

Canon R5, Canon 100-500m, 1.4ext, f10, 700mm, 1/1600, ISO 1600. The shot was cropped by 40% and I soften the background in DXO PhotoLab 6.

Great interaction and I love the goose tongue! They are so vocal and the opposite of shy. Bravo getting them in such a lovely line with those necks stretching toward each other. The crop works well to echo that and the blue reflecting water behind sets them off well. Fantastic detail and light on the plumage. A fun and engaging image!

Wonderful interaction and image quality, Peter. If you have it, you might play with adding a bit more canvas on the top and maybe taking some off the bottom (depending on whether or not you’re wedded to this aspect ratio). That’s the only nit I can think of for this beauty.

Beautiful expressions, very nicely captured !
I may prefer to have some more canvas, on the top and bottom as well. Top because that will give more breathing space to the action and bottom because the contrast between grasses and shadows will provide a strong base to the image,

Hi Kristen, Dennis & J Rajput
Thank you for the comments. I choose a tight crop on this photo, because of a floating trailer tire just below the male and I was not in love with the mud flats in the foreground.
Peter
I cloned out the tire.

1 Like