Song Sparrow on Territory

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any will do.

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Comp?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: D500 850mm (600mm f4 + 1.4x TC;1/800 sec. at f6.3, Iso 1000) Image was a little dark due to a cloud obscuring the sun. Could be a little sharper so I’ll try again to get a better one. Levels, DeNoise AI, Brightness & Contrast, crop for comp, rubber stamp tool to remove light spot in lower RH corner…Jim

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

No microphone required here. I really like the nice singing pose, clean background and a dandy perch. Sharpness looks pretty good to me although camera may have locked focus on to a twig.

1 Like

I’ve been taking so many photos of Song Sparrows lately, at first I thought this was one of mine. Nice singing pose and the photo shows the typical type of perch I see these birds on. I like the background, goes well with the sparrow.

I can almost hear, Jim. You caught him in mid note. The sharpness looks okay to me, but if you had cropped in closer it might be more noticeable.

Superb approach to the environment with this song sparrow belting out a tune. I really enjoy watching them and you have captured this one quite well. The depth of field is perfect. Enjoyable background.

Love that you captured him/her mid song. I like the perch, but it is a little busy. Looks to me like focus is barely past the bird on the twigs coming off the main trunk. Looking forward to more!

Lovely and classical singing pose. Natural feel to the image, which I like. Cheers, Hans

1 Like