Spring Colors - updated photo

Here in AZ we have a lot of these, but this one really stood out. Used my Canon 6D ii with the 11-24mm at 18mm F/8 1/200 iso 100 Was on a tripod. I was wondering about the brick wall on the left. Does it distract a bit from the main subject. I suspect PS Content aware can take it out but I have not tried. There are some background houses but the foreground plants block some of that.

Hi Dean,

It feels like an age since we’ve had a bright blue sky like that up here in Canada! I think the strength of the image is the blue/yellow colour contrast between the tree and the sky.

I would try the content aware fill to remove the buildings and I’d also consider a crop to remove the fence. I think a bit more room above the tree and a bit less at the bottom would provide a nice balance.

Thanks @Nathan_Klein, I should be able to use AW to get more room on top, did not think about that option.

So I did a few things here. Using CA in Photoshop added some sky above the tree and removed a lot of the ground on the bottom, I removed the fence, used CA but had to use adjustment with light via exposure. The house on the left side was easy enough with the healing brush, but the brick wall was not. I selected the grass area before and copied it as a new layer. Then used a very soft brush and the healing brush around the edges. A bit of work but I guess no one will know it was there as long as they do not see the before.

The edited photo is definitely an improvement. My subjective nit is that the sky is a bit too dark. I do love the complimentary contrast between the yellow and the blue!