Spring Takes Flight

New buds opening up on a Kerria Japonica bush. The "gesture " of the leaves and bud plus the light creates a feeling of movement and joy, perhaps at the arrival of Spring. This was a photo stack of around 10 images.

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon EOS RP with 180 mm macro lens.

Lots of movement in the image, Rick. Looks like they are taking wing and ready to flyaway. Nice work, dark background and thelighting is very appealing.

Just like a pair of birds - a very original view. The light is excellent. Did you use a texture for the BG?

Rick, this is a very nice image. I love the lighting, I think that really makes the shot. The position of the leaves and buds, and the angle of the limb going diagonal across the image makes the subject interesting too. They do remind me of birds, ready to take flight. Very well seen and capture. The dark background helps make the nicely lit subject to stand out.

Mike,

The background is just out of focus (bokeh).

-Rick

Hi Rick!

Beautiful image! Great comp and detail, and I love the lighting.

Great action photo Rick, the soft background really helps bring out the subjects

I’m glad that some of you enjoyed this shot. Isn’t it amazing that a “still life” photo can give the illusion of “stop action”. There was too much air movement outside to take a series of focus bracketed shots , so I brought the branch inside and positioned it next to a window with some side light. I played with angles as well as background (blurred but still prominent) until it seemed to have the gesture I was looking for. Sometimes it all comes together, sometimes not. I guess that’s what motivated us to keep trying.