Springtime In Shawnee National Forest , Illinois

Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT
Canon 75.0-300.0 mm

1/400th, f/8, 135mm, ISO 100

Saw these flowers on during a herping adventure. This area is otherwise known as ‘Snake Road’, not far from the Mississippi River in southern Illinois.

Thanks for looking and your comments/suggestions are welcomed.

Jim
Louisville, KY

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

A lovely clump of flowers, Jim. I like the depth of field and the exposure looks pretty good, though flowers in general prefer to be photographed on overcast days. You have some processing anomalies all around the flowers, like you were trying to do some cloning or fairly heavy adjustments and had too hard an edge for your selection. It creates very distinct lines in the image where the transition occurs. I think you were trying to darken and maybe blur the surrounding area from the looks of it. That part was pretty successful, but I think you’ll get better results by feathering the edge of your selection quite a bit or just using a softer brush without making a selection.

I like your low point of view on these, as well.

Dennis I appreciate the critique very much so. Man I thought I told myself I was going to stay away from serious operations using Photoshop. LOL What Was I Thinking About? But again thanks for the critique buddy I appreciate it. Jim