Squirrrel pose (rework)

REWORK

ORIGINAL

I was chasing this squirrel all around my weekend cottage garden. I like the pose!

Specific Feedback Requested

Any comments are welcome!
This shot is towards the sun, hence the burnt out area to the left.
Is it OK? Any ideas what to do about it? Clone and stamp?

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
f/8, 1/250, ISO 800, Olympus lens 300 mm x 2 teleconverter (1200 mm equiv.) handheld (thanks Olympus for the in-body and lens image stabilization combination), Olympus camera OM-D E-M1X (mft system)

1 Like

The pose is great, but yeah itā€™s hot. That left side is unsalvageable probably.

1 Like

@Kris_Smith thanks for your kind comments. Maybe I was to quick to post this cutie, but I have now at least tried to cover the blown out parts to the left. Rework posted at the top.

Thatā€™s totally better! Did you blend some leaves from another shot? Works well enough and this little one is too cute to pass up. I love the paw and those whiskers!

The rework definitely has better framing for the subject. What a cute squirrel. I will admit to watching quite a few ā€œpetā€ squirrel vids on YT. They seem to enjoy humans as much as we enjoy them.

I love this, Ola! Heā€™s so curious looking! I love the raised paw and how heā€™s looking straight down at you! Perfect capture!

I made a copy of the original image, and then imported it as a texture image. I shrinked the texture image somewhat and moved it into a position where some nice leaves filled the blown out area. Then using the paint brush I blended in the leaves. See the figure below: The white frame is the border of the imported texture image. The area within the red marking is where I blended in the leaves. Then I made some fine tuning using minor clone & stamp, erase and softening operations.

1 Like

@Tony_Kuyper and @Vanessa_Hill thanks for your kind comments.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a cute subject, although there is line sharpness, but it lacks the fine details, may be due to
2X converter.
Iā€™ve no idea about Olympus but is there some in camera crop? (300mmX2X=12mm)??