Steen's Mountain Oregon

This is a view from the playa at the Alvord Desert in Eastern Oregon looking west into the sun. Fierce winds were sending dust into the air creating a haze suitable for classic, but very large sun rays from the tops of the incredible snow capped Steen’s Mountain behind. The The Alvord Ranch can be seen among the shelter of the trees four miles away.

Nikon D810 / 70-200 f/2.8 VR II - 1/320" / f/18 / Iso 320 handheld.

Please list any pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

3 Likes

Gary, love the stream of light on this scene. We could all use a bit of this unique beam of similar light once in awhile for most any scene we photograph…:+1::+1:

1 Like

Still a lot of snow on those mountains, Must be a Spring image. This is one of my favorite places to shoot.

1 Like

Isn’t that the truth @Paul_Breitkreuz. :wink:

@Igor_Doncov Hi Igor. This was taken June 28. The first week of Summer. We’ve had a lot of snow in the hills this past Winter. I love the Alvord. :slight_smile:

I’m going to try and post a picture of the Alvord. I was lucky to be there during a stormy day.

1 Like

Serene grandeur about this, Gary. A very beautiful image - the light being especially striking.

1 Like

Thank you Ian. I have sat and watched this show several times before and it never gets old. :slight_smile: