Stump-tailed Macaques_Feeding

What technical feedback would you like if any? What is your impression of the PP techniques used?

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any and All.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

This image was captured on our Thailand trip last November. The images were captured at fairly high ISO and since it was late in the day and rainy the resultant noise was apparent in most of the files. Having just concluded a trip to Costa Rica with NPN member David Schoen where we exchanged post processing tips, I tried to employ some of those that were suggestioned in this image.

A little background might also be in order. We were being shout-out of most of the hides we had booked in the mountains for this trip due to unusually heavy rains. To substitute for the missed venues, our local guides suggested we try visiting a monastery on the outskirts of Kaeng Krachan. The monks feed these Stump-tailed Macaques every afternoon with long green beans, and here a small group from one of the troops are enjoying the treat.

D500
500mm f/4
1/250s @ f/8
ISO 3200
1.7 EV
DxO PhotoLab 2 // Topaz AI Clear

This is really a fantastic behavioral image. The color contrast between the green beans the brown fur and the reddish eye fur really make this image work. Depth of field is absolutely fine. Since I know the whole story behind this image I think you did a really excellent job in making it work as well as it does.

I like the composition, Chuck, and it looks like you managed the noise reduction very well, though David is much better at that than I. I like the depth of field you chose and the point of focus. You might put just a hint more light on the face of the main character, but I like it as posted.