Succulence

I love the idea of rain drops making a succulent even more succulent! The morning sun was coming out, creating the tiny sparkles of light along with dappled light and shade on the petals. This looks wet!

What technical feedback would you like if any?

7-image focus stack in PS.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Note sure about the stem? I darkened it a bit but it still seems a bit out of place?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

7-image focus stack and some additional sharpening in the center.
About a 50% crop (wish I had gotten in closer in the field).
Also darkened a lighter twig in the otherwise dark background.

105mm, f/22, 1/100 second on tripod, ISO 400

Beautiful image Mark. I do like it in black & white. For me, BW helps to clarify the details in the succulent and the water drops. Nice capture.

Beautiful, Mark. the black and white treatment makes it more interesting to me. It takes some looking to see what’s water and what’s not. An excellent image.

Mark, this looks great. At first I was thinking a b&w rose, but the spikes on the “petals” weren’t right. Then I read your description… :smile:. I think the stem looks fine, it’s dark enough to not draw a lot of attention as it adds context to the view. Your high contrast treatment emphasizes the shapes and the drops well.

Thanks @linda_mellor, @Dennis_Plank, and @Mark_Seaver! I guess this is a subtle image…subtle raindrops and subtle succulent identification! Appreciate your all taking a look and sharing your thoughts.

Really nice work, Mark. Stem looks alright to me.

1 Like

Mark: A really nice conversion and a fine comp. Very nicely done.>=))>