Summer arrives

On one of the last days of spring at 6.00 in the morning. The most silent time of the coming day.

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

Ben, I always very much like your images, and this one is no exception. How you deal with light, colors and composition is excellent.

1 Like

Beautiful light and I quite like the feeling/mood created by the sun streaming in from the corner and then the highlighted leaves.

2 Likes

Beautiful morning light, Ben. Looks like such a peaceful place to be early in the morning. Very nicely seen and captured.

1 Like

Beautiful image Ben,
sure love the contrast between the sun rays streaming and the quiet morning light.

1 Like

The sun coming in from the corner doesn’t work for me, Ben. Otherwise, it’s a pleasant woodland image.

1 Like

Wonderful light. The image is all about the sun and the yellow light. Lovely.

1 Like

The sense of directional light is really strong here. I could see playing it up even more by adding some of that orange haze to the orange light hitting the leaves at the top center.

Strong composition @Ben_van_der_Sande. I agree with @Tony_Kuyper about augmenting the orange in the leaves receiving the same light as the lens flare. It might create a little more balance because as presented, the lens flare is really dominating my viewing experience. I may be alone in that interpretation however.

Also, I’d be tempted to gently dodge the white flowers in the foreground and decrease the green a bit, but again, my taste - not necessarily yours.

1 Like

@Jim_McGovern , @Tony_Kuyper , @Larry_Greenbaum , @Igor_Doncov , @joaoquintela , @linda_mellor , @Harley_Goldman , @Ola_Jovall ,
A good learning experience for me. I hope I did understand your suggestions. In my rework I gave the center leaves, but also the tree-trunk in the middle some more of that orange haze.
Thank you all so much for your time and attention to my work.

1 Like