Summery Day #2

On a bike ride I noticed these 2 yellow flowers surrounded by tall grasses and a dried up field of flowers in the background making for really pretty colors, then I got a bonus with this hover fly landing and then taking off again!

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D3400
300mm
f/6.3
1/2000
ISO 1600
Cropped and adjusted exposure, contrast, whites slightly and sharpened slightly

Vanessa, you are getting these Hoverflies in flight. I captured one the other day, but still didn’t feel it was good enough to even put up for critique here. I would probably prefer a bit more of his face, but this isn’t an easy shot. That background is really nice.

1 Like

Thanks,Shirley,for looking! Yeah, I wish he had taken off towards me instead of away. You don’t post your hover flies because I’m sure you have much higher standards than I do!

I don’t think my Hoverfly even comes close to what you have here. I haven’t edited them. They are so tiny that it is hard to get a focus on them. I have been concentrating more of bees in flight, but they aren’t easy either. It is always good to have a challenge, and try to capture something you haven’t accomplished before, or improve on the shot. It has been too windy around here lately to do anything with macro. We have been getting some much needed rain with the breezy days though, so that is good.

2 Likes

Thanks for your kind words and encouragement! Yeah, we still aren’t out of the rainy season completely and get a lot of wind! I can’t wait until it’s dry and sunny everyday! Hopefully in just a few more weeks for us! :slight_smile: I can’t wait to see when you post a hover fly! I do love your spiders though! It’s your gift!

1 Like