Sunday Morning coming down

Rocks%20Along%20the%20Shoreline-1

Nikon D850
Tamron 24-70 (at 24mm)
f/16, ISO 64, 1/2 Sec

A photo taken during a recent Sunday morning just before sunrise at a local state park near Denver, Colorado. Cherry Creek State Park in just about 15 minutes from home, so it is a convenient location to photograph landscapes, birds and occasionally wildlife. For this particular photo, I closed the aperture down to f/16 and opened the focal length to 24 so that I could increase depth of field in one image instead of requiring focus stacking multiple images. Comments and recommendations welcome.

Hello Michael. Welcome to NPN. This is a beautiful first post. Love the details in the rocks leading into the distance and the lovely sunrise view.

1 Like

Welcome to NPN, Michael. This is a lovely first post. I really like the way the array of rocks leads the eye into the image. Pixel peeping, it looks like the first rock could be a little sharper, but it’s nothing you’d notice in a print hung on the wall. I’m really looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Welcome to NPN, Michael. The color in the sky is fantastic and the clouds add some nice drama to the scene. I also like the colors reflected in the water. The FG rock looks a little out of focus so I would be inclined to crop it off. This is a wonderful first post and I hope to see more.

Thank you for your comments, as I agree that the nearest rock(s) could be a bit sharper. I should have taken a few photos and then focus stacked, rather than trying to rely on a small aperture to capture depth of field. The camera was just several inches from the nearest rocks.

Thank you Dennis. I agree that the sharpness in the nearest rocks could have benefitted by taking multiple focused images and the focus stacking. Instead I tried to use a small aperture to capture depth of field. Those nearest rocks were just several inches from the camera.