Sunflares Weekly Challenge

Nothing special was done to create these flares o

ther than shoot in direct overhead sunlight.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
2 Likes

Michael, a truly gorgeous image. The flower is a wonderful centerpiece to the scene, but the sun flares are a real plus IMO. It’s a perfect fit for the WC as well…:+1:

Michael, the flower and the pads look great with the scattered water drops a fine addition. The specular reflections of the sun from the pad edges are very nice spread throughout the image and show fine burst patterns.

What a wonderful photograph and a perfect match for the theme!

This is a beauty and a perfect fit for the weekly challenge, Mike. I particularly like the crispness to this idyllic scene and of course the multitude of sunstars scattered throughout are the icing on the cake. No suggestions from me.

Michael,

Simply gorgeous. Sun stars everywhere! Oh, the flower and lily pads, they’re pretty special too. Beautiful image, no nits or suggestions. A fabulous entry!

Lon

Michael: I think I remember this and am glad you posted. Great comp and capture. :+1::+1:>=))>