Sunset over Knockan Crag

Knockan Crag, Assynt, Scotland

This was probably the peak colour and the optimum time to take this very beautiful sunset from Knockan Crag looking toward the conical peak of Stac Pollaidh framed by a tangerine triangle of sky. The rolling cloud mass had suddenly started to turn multiple shades of red and orange and the light bathing the hills was starting to flicker out like the embers of a fire. Choosing a favourite one of five or so similar images is very difficult but this I think would have to be it.

2 Likes

Stunning sky Ian. I also love the warm glow on the mountain.

Man, nice capture! What a mood. If it were mine, I’d look at cropping just little off of the top.

Great light! No nits from me

Beautiful shot, Ian.

[quote=“Dave_Douglass, post:3, topic:15499”]
If it were mine, I’d look at cropping just little off of the top.
[/quote]. I agree a crop might make it an even stonger image and put the empahasis back on the landmasses.

Ian,
What a sky! It’s a shame to crop it, but if it were mine I would crop just the small blue bits on th top of the frame. That is really a nit, I am thoroughly enjoying this one.

Simply a gorgeous image with masterful processing. Especially impressive is the shadow detail since I assume this on film, you nailed the exposure. I especially love the small touch of how the sky color reflects in the water. Another vote for a slight crop from the top. Beautifully done Ian :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Gorgeous scene , Ian. You must have been thrilled to be there.