Sweet Coneflower (Rudbeckia subtomentosa)

I saw this baby flower among a large number of mature flowers. the distance was good enough to get a smooth background. 25 stacked images to get a crisp image that stood out from the background.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any

Technical Details

Canon R6 + 180/3.5 + Tripod
f/8, 1/80, ISO 1250
Canon DPP4 for RAW processing, Zerene stacker, PSCC
minimal processing. background slightly darkened

2 Likes

I like this, Ravi. That nice smooth BG really makes this baby flower stand out so nicely.

Super! I love flowers like this and have done something similar with a black-eyed susan. Not with this much symmetry or smooth background though. I’m of two minds about the tiny bit of plant showing on the right just under the bracts and next to the stem. It’s quirky, but I keep looking to see if it’s a bug or spider or something so I’d clone it out if it was mind. Super texture and semi-rim-light. Stack looks clean, too.

Really nice Ravi. As Shirley noted, a lovely background…smooth and great colour and tone that work well with the plant. The plant detail you have achieved is wonderful.
I agree with Kristen that the tiny bit sticking out at the top right of the stem is a bit distracting, but the image overall is just great. Cheers.

Hey Ravi! This is a great shot and you obviously put the work into it with taking so many photos to focus sack. I honestly don’t see anything that should be tweaked. But I do want to shed light on the things that you did correctly. First of all the background of macro to me is the most important part of the photo. Do you want a background that solid or in negative space so that your main subject and shine. You also did a great job capturing direction of lines and shapes within the flower. I think you did a great job. Keep it up!

I too think that this is very nice and I also feel that he colour of the background really compliments the flower bud. Well done!

Thanks Shirley, Kristen, Phil, David and Tom for your comments. I thing the distracting element is a small fuzzy bud. Here is a repost.

2 Likes

Oh that’s just perfection. Thanks for posting it.