The awakening

The nice colors of a young osteospermum back lit at dawn. The title refers to my previous post of April 26 tag Garden.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Do you like better this photo or the one posted April 26?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

D 850, Nikkor 200mm macro - 1/5, f/22, ISO 250 - Two shoots blended manually on PS levels for DOF

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

I did not see the photo posted on April 26, so I can’t compare Giuseppe. However, this flower is gorgeous. I like the golden reflections on the tips of each petal. And the delicate folding of the tips. The whites have beautiful detail and the center of the flower has nice detail and depth to it. Nice capture.

In a perfect world I’d like to combine the two images. This one for the brightness and angle of the flower in the frame and the other for the placement of the stem. Both are technically excellent and pleasing to view. If forced to choose, I’d choose this take because of the lighting.

Gigi
I just love this! What looks to be gold on the edges of the flower is just the icing on a beautiful cake! Well done.

The two images have completely different feels to them, Gigi. I like both of them a great deal, but my personal taste leans toward this one. I really lie the crisp focus of the center while the petals still retain a soft enough feel to be soothing. I know you don’t stack images, but I do thing a second frame with the stem in focus and some manual blending would make both these excellent images even better.

A work of art!! larry

I like very much how the flower is poised over its stem, Gigi - it seems to have a personality ! Lovely image.