The Beauty of the Insignificant-7

Field Forget-me-not
I found these in the Northwoods in Wisconsin. These are introduced and naturalized. They stay low to the ground, about 6-12 inches tall. The flowers are about 3-5 mm wide but easy to notice because they are always in clusters. They petals are waxy, better suited for the cold temperatures.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any

Technical Details

Is this a composite: Yes
A stack of 12 images, manual bracketing and assembled in Zerene Stacker
Canon 7DII + 180/3.5 + 25mm extension tube + tripod
f/5.6, 1/15, ISO 800
Canon DPP for RAW, PSCC a small crop for composition. A dried flower removed on the right side

Hi Ravi,

For flowers, I like to have the stem in the plane of focus as well, but I must make an exception to my unwritten rule for this particular image. I like the composition and the limited depth of field makes these flowers float above the BG. Details are amazing and the whites look good. They appear to be slightly on the blue side which is the flower’s true color. Viewers should look at the large version to see these features. I enjoyed looking at this one and like it as presented. Awesome…Jim

I agree with Jim - view it large. Forget-me-knots are hard to spot sometimes and even though they aren’t native (I’m in Northern Wisconsin, too), they haven’t done any measurable ecological damage so we call them naturalized as Ravi says. I love that you’ve caught the range of colors in the petals - pink in the buds and new blossoms, and more intense blue in the older. The background is so smooth it makes the cluster pop right out. I love this and am now going to look at your whole series.

Nice composition, Ravi! Left side of BG is light and right side is dark. Two of the flowers are looking straight at us and the 3rd one is slightly looking towards the upper left. Flower language of Forget-me-not is “true love”. This photo is telling a story.

1 Like

Ravi: A great find and a superbly crafted image. Really nice work on the stack and a fine comp. Most excellent. >=))> :+1: :+1:

These are lovely, Ravi. The gentle colors show well as the flowers stand out from the interesting two tone background. I could also see this cropped from the left to 8.5 x 11.