The calm before the storm or can't we get along?

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

This set of shots ware taken at Rocky Nick State Park. At this time of year we get a number of Glossy Ibis migrating through CT. Naturally, this set of birds were feeding next to the road and had tall reads between them and the road. This left me photographing them from the walkway, with the sun at a right angle to the Egrets and Ibis. (April 20, at 8:30 AM)

Specific Feedback

any

Technical Details

Canon R5, Canon 100-500mm 71.4Ext, f10, 660mm, -2EV, 1/1600, ISO 400. The shots ever cropped by 30% and Big time local brush adjustment on the Ibis and foreground in DXO PhotoLab 6.

Hi Peter. You did a great job on the exposure of the egrets and capturing a lot of cool action poses, particularly of the one egret leaping into the air. I like the angle of the light in those shots. Unfortunately, I’m not getting a coherent story out of this series. Were the Snowies harassing the Ibises? It kind of looks that way, but they don’t look like they’re reacting to the Snowies.

Maybe not a bullseye for a story, but a nice job of capturing the action and handling the tonalities! Maybe the story is that the Ibises are just not impressed. Nice environment!

Hi Peter, nice exposure and sharpness on the egret you targeted. Seems to be a squabble between the two egrets and the ibis just happened to be there. In any event, nice capture of an interesting scene showing two intriguing species.

Hi Dennis, Diane & Allen
Thank you for the comments. I should have done a better job of explaining what happen in the ten minutes from the first shot (group 1) and when the Egrets (group 2) pushed the Ibis from of edge of the march. There were two groups of Ibis and Egrets. The first shot shows the group that were getting along. The next 3 frames show 2 Snowy pushing Ibis from where they wanted to feed. In the time between the first shot and the next 3, I was walking around trying to time a better showing angle.
Peter
When I open up to the full width, you can just see the edge of the second group.

Hi Peter, what a nice series - it’s always so much fun to have several species e/o individuals interacting! Well done on the exposure as well. Nice work ! Hans

Thanks for the explanation, Peter. Sometimes a few words really help a photo.

I like the first image of the egret and ibis “head to head” as it stands alone without words and creates some tension about what might come!

Hi Robena
Thank you comments.
Peter