The Chase

A while back I posted an image of this wildebeest with its back legs up against a wall. The wildebeest did this to protect itself from attack from the rear, which is a way wild dogs take down large prey. This photo shows the beginning of that chase. There’s lots of dust so there isn’t much detail in the coats of the dogs, but I think the dust add to the sense of action. What do you think? Richard

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any pertinent technical details:

Nikon D 500 and 80-400 at 1/500, f/5.6 and ISO 720.

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Without the slight head turn from the Wildebeest it would not worked as well but it seems to have lost
a lot of IQ in processing.
I would be tempted to play with processing (this is obviously already highly processed).
I might turn into photo art, oil paint if that at all interests you. It is a pretty spectacular scene.

I agree with Dan that head turn of Wildebeest is very effective and flying dust is adding up to the action.
I somehow feel that it is quite loose as a composition, so the impact of such a fierce action is lost, if you crop the frame and get close to action, it would work better.

Wow, this is powerful and impactful. I particularly like the dust that’s kicked up from the chase!

I think this is a powerful image. It really tells the story! I do agree that you could try cropping it a little bit, but I still think the action here is really strong.