The Cookie Bone is Toast!

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

On a snowy morning, I decided to photograph Badger snagging a treat out of mid-air. The eyes have it and I like how this one came out. The cookie bone was never seen again! This image received a first place finish in the “Keep on Truckin’” class at the Bernese Mountain Dog 2023 National Specialty in Sacramento, California.

Technical Details

Z9 105mm f2.8 micro, natural light. Crop for comp, levels…Enjoy!

2 Likes

Congratulations on the award! It’s a great photo of a very good-looking dog. And good timing on the shot. I love Bernese Mountain Dogs.

1 Like

Congratulations, JIm. And definitely an award-winning image. Excellent.

1 Like

I’m definitely enjoying!! Keep this model on retainer!! Love the detail and composition!!

1 Like

Thank you @Steve_Kennedy , @David_Bostock , and @Diane_Miller . I was hoping to get the thank you out sooner, but my computer’s CPU decided to die on me. This type of photo is very fun for the subject and the photographer. I find that sometimes the best photos are the ones that are taken in my backyard. Once again, thank you for checking out this picture of my sidekick Badger…Jim