The day I was lost in the forest

I was lost, but the circumstances beautiful.

What technical feedback would you like if any?All is welcome

What artistic feedback would you like if any?All is welcome

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Pocket camera sony RX100 and the help of photoshop.

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
5 Likes

Beautiful light and lovely scene, Ben. I might burn down the highlights in the lower right corner but pretty minor. I like this quite a bit.

Really nice. The comp is great and the light rays are icing on the cake. It’s just a personal preference, but I would go with a slight vignette to accentuate the rays.
:vulcan_salute:

1 Like

This is really nicely done. Those light rays make for a great focal point. I like what Michael has done but I would go a bit farther taking the overall exposure a bit lower.

@Ben_van_der_Sande This is a fortunate find. It’s a beautiful photo.

My only input would be that I’d consider a slight vignette added to give this a bit more depth.

Ben,

Even when you’re lost - you’re found - or at least you manage to find beautiful and dramatic light.

A classic beauty with the light rays, the path leading through the enchanted forest… just wonderful.

I really like what Michael did - although for me I would back off that change on the right as those tree trunks are already fairly dark. But I like dropping the luminosity in the 2/3 of the image.

Glad you found your way back!

Lon