The five lands

In Liguria near La Spezia Gulf there is a coast called “Le Cinque Terre” (the five lands): five fisher’s villages in a raw all beautiful. This is an example taken at sunset.
A difficult photo for me I had troubles for matching colors with lights. Your opinions are particularly important for this image.

Specific Feedback Requested

Do you think that colors and lights are matching now?

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

D800, Nikkor 70-200mm at 70mm - 1/60, f/11, ISO 100. I asked help to luminosity masks.

3 Likes

Ah, this brings back some nice memories. We took a night train from Paris down to Le Cinque Terre and spent several days there. What a wonderful place. Thanks for sharing this image and relighting my memories.

I think the colors look fine with the setting sun.

The colors look just fine to me as well, Giuseppe. I would expect them to be a little warm as the setting sun casts it’s last light across the landscape. This looks like a wonderful place to visit. This is being real picky, but I would see if you can tone down the bright area along the top edge just a bit as it pulls my eye a little. This is a fantastic looking scene.

Is this all right Ed? I have darkened something more, 1/4 of the image because I liked it.
I am glad that David Bostock and you like the warm colors. This was one of my doubt: they seemed too warm to me but when I tried to cool them I didn’t liked the image any more.

2 Likes

E’ Bella. The rework is best IMO. The warmth works very well. Nice work Giuseppe!