The Large Cormmorant

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What do you think about the contrast here ?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Canon 5D3; 500 mm; 2X; ISO 640; 1/250 sec. at F 8.

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Jagdeep. I am really enjoying this image. Typical pose for a Cormmorant, but the side/back lighting is showing shining through his wings, and they look orange color in places, which brings out the orange around the face. He is on a nice perch to make the image even better. He looks like he is telling you a big fishing tale! Great shot. Only nit I have is that it isn’t my shot! :+1: :+1:

I agree with Shirley, Jagdeep, this is an amazing photo. The colors are wonderful. And yes, my only nit is that I couldn’t get this shot. Nicely done.

The lighting on this cormorant is exquisite.

Really nice job with the backlighting on the wings. This is very difficult to do and the warm colors in the image are excellent. What I don’t know, is there is a slight blue cast on some of the plumage especially on the body. This may be normal for your area. I have many double-breasted cormorants near my home and I have not seen the blue cast. It really doesn’t distract from the image quality and the composition.

A great capture, Jagdeep. A characteristic pose and the lighting is beautiful. Great colors, and the background gives away a hint of the bird’s habitat.