The Pemi

I have always liked this little section of the Pemigewasset River and have several different compositions of this beautiful spot. Some are from the bridge which crosses over the river; for this particular one I crossed the bridge and climbed up a large rock for a different POV. This is from our trip this past June.

Nikon D800, Nikon 35-70 @ 52 mm, f 18 @ 1/15 sec, ISO 200, MLU & CPL, cable release & tripod

Ed, it looks like the climb up to a different perspective has worked very well. There is a lot to take in with the falls, cascade area, surrounding cliffs and the precarious trees hanging on around the edges. No doubt some challenges here with exposure and the dark BG canyon or cliff area and the whitewater in the FG, but it seems just fine to me as presented…:sunglasses:

Ed, this looks like a lovely spot. Your perspective is neat because it creates a sense that the river is pouring out of a cave. The mix of water movements, with some fairly clear and others smoothed works well. The details in the woods above the falls show very well. It’s easy to imagine sitting here and enjoying the sights and sounds.

Very nice composition that gives a good feeling to this area. The contrast between the evergreen forest at the top and the rocks and water is well done. You did well with the exposure in what looks like overcast conditions.

Thanks for your thoughts Paul, Mark and David. They are always appreciated.