The Poser

Sony A77II
Minolta 200mm macro, Kenko 2x TC
ISO 800, 1/10 @ f32
This dragonfly has been posing for me on our bird of paradise for the past several days. It seems to allow me to get a little closer each day. This morning I decided to put the 2x on and try for a fairly extreme facial close-up. He was pretty cooperative and I got lucky with calm conditions. This is full frame so definitely greater than 1:1. All comments welcome. >=))>

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Bill, this is really up close and personal! Very nice details in the eyes, especially. Very nice. On my screen, it looks like it could use more contrast. See what others say, because monitors are different. Most of what you have posted before though has looked fine on my monitor. Great shot. He will probably let you get closer if you tell him he has pretty eyes! I talk softly to them and inch in. It works sometimes. Sounds like he is getting used to you.

That is cool. Really, really close and wonderful detail.

You definitely got in tight, Bill. The eye facets are terrific. I agree with Shirley that some extra contrast in the mid-tones would look good. Your approach angle is great also, keeping the wing below the eye.