The toe of Perito Moreno Glacier

This is a 3 shot panorama showing the toe of Perito Moreno Glacier in Argentina’s Los Glaciares National Park. This view includes a medium sized tour boat in the upper right and a glimpse of the nearshore portion of the ice bridge that gets created every few years as the Glacier alternates advances and retreats. Overall, this glacier is the rare glacier that is stable in size. You can also get a glimpse of how different the water colors between two arms of the same lake if you compare the deep blue/turquoise color of the foreground water with that in the far right, which is much grayer.

Mark, this is really nice to view. I like that you made this into a panorama. The colors of the ice and the water is really nice, and great details in the ice. I think I would have missed the tour boat all together had you not mentioned it. It sure give perspective to the size of this glacier. Great shot. :+1: :+1:

Mark,
This is a wonderful composition and a fine image! The colors as presented are beautiful in this overcast light. I can’t remember viewing too many glacier scenes here at NPN but this one really does a great job of showing the grand scale and is quite humbling. South America (Chile and Argentina) are on the top of my photographic and travel bucket list and this wonderful work of yours keeps them there!

Breathtaking image Mark! The colors and comp work well. Rare to see glaciers like this these days.

I like the in-your-face look of this expansive block of ice.

Mark,
Impressive scene and a great call on making this a pano. The triangle shape of the glacier works nicely as does the turquoise color of the water and glacier.

Having been to Perito Moreno, I appreciate the wonderful panorama and perspective you have here.
For me, I’d increase the saturation on the ice a bit more to make the blues pop more. Great shot.

This has a feeling of grandness, and really shows the immensity of the glacier. The colors in the ice are an added attraction.