There Be Dragons

Sony A77
Sony SAL 16-50 f2.8 @ 35mm, CPL
ISO 200, 1/125 @ f8

Dragons are said to inhabit the north wall of the Black Canyon of the Gunnison. Perhaps the tales are true. Left the small strip of scrub forest on the top to provide some sense of scale as to how massive this wall is. The mineral veins are so interesting and provide limitless abstract possibilities. I would have liked to explore longer but it was pretty cold and really windy. All comments welcome. >=))>

2 Likes

One could definitely see a dragon rising up out of the Black Canyon of the Gunnison. You’ve brought out the colors and textures of that wall quite nicely. The strip of forest does give it context, but compositionally, I think it doesn’t have enough space in the frame. Maybe just a touch more? Anyway, this is very cool.

Very impressive abstract qualities to this image. Wonderful diagonal lines created by nature the contrast between the granite veins and the darker rocks works well. I can attest to the fact that there are dragons at the base of the canyon; I rafted this area in the mid-70s…

Bill, the figures in the canyon wall are quite striking. They do look like some kind of running/flying beast, so Dragon fits well. Nice job of “seeing” this.