There is always a surprise

Making images in the forest keeps giving surprises. Like this bird or is it a tree trunk .

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

All feedback is welcome

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Well, yeah, my first thought was you found a bird on the tree. Nice curve to the tree and I like the background with the nice light as well.

2 Likes

I was looking at the big trunk and saying to myself that I don’t see any bird shape here. But then i saw the small trunk, and gosh it looks exactly like a perching bird, how cool is that. Ben, did you see this " bird" when you took the shot, or did you only notice back on your computer?

The main tree trunk is pretty interesting in it’s own right, it has some nice texture. If you wanted to place more emphasis on the bird and trunk, I might suggest cropping away some from the bottom of the image, cropping above the line of flowers.

@Ed_McGuirk, Yes I noticed that bird on the computer. So for me a happy shot. Thank’s for your time , Ed