Three's company

Description:
Taken the same day last February as my last post, both taken at the Fir Island Farms Reserve Unit managed by the Washington State Department of Fish and Wildlife. This shot is of the same 3 swans shown just above the right edge of red barn in my last post.

Specific Feedback Requested:
All comments welcome.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:
D850, 150-600 at 280mm, f6.3, ISO 1600, 1/8000 sec handheld

Is this a composite? (focus stacks or exposure blends are not considered composites)
No

Hi Steve
The framing and action are very nice, the only problem with the photograph is the whites are blown out.
Peter

A lovely chance and nice composition but I agree with @peter that the whites need a little more detail. I’m not familiar with that lens but the bokeh (which properly means the quality of OOF bright spots) is strange, but that’s a function of the optics and you have no control over it. (Well, maybe a different aperture would render it differently.)

Hello, Steve, I agree with Peter with the whites, maybe you could try and bring them down a bit. The other swans, ‘the white dots’, are no more than that in this image, and are a little distracting to me. I do like the formation of the three swans in this image ! Best, Hans