Tiny Bee At Work

This tiny little bee was really busy on this one flower in our flower garden for a minute or two, so I was able to capture a few shots till I got what I wanted. Appreciate all comments and critiques.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Canon 5D Mark II, Canon 100 mm L macro lens, KX-800 twin flash with diffuser, manual settings at f19, 1/180, ISO 160. Edited in LR and Topaz AI Clear. Full frame, no cropping.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Shirley, wow!, the red/yellow color combination really pops here. With it’s yellow covering of pollen the bee fits into the color scheme perfectly. Easy to see why this is “what I wanted”.

1 Like

Love the brilliant colors Shirley and the detail you’ve captured in this little bee. His eye is so sharp, the pollen all over him and the detail on his wings are terrific. Very nicely done, great job :+1:

1 Like

Amazing color! Well composed. Nice touch of pollen on the bee. Maybe I don’t have to be afraid of saturation anymore (in a good way).

David, I didn’t add any saturation at all in processing, this was just a touch of contrast added, otherwise, colors are like it came out of the camera.

1 Like

A real sense of drama in this image, Shirley - with the hot colours, the rush of petals radiating from the centre and the pollen splashes on the bee,

1 Like