Tiny Gray Tree Frog

Upload failed to produce the large image.

Description:

I manage to put away my camera gear when it rains, but I made an exception. A tiny gray tree frog was hanging out in the rain, undoubtedly taking advantage of the wet conditions. The frog is about 3/4’s of an inch in length so I figured this little frog can sneak into the macro and close-up gallery. Enjoy.

Specific Feedback Requested:

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

D500 200mm f4 Micro (1/100 sec at f16, ISO 1250, fill flash at -2ev). Topaz DeNoise, Levels, Shadows & Highlights, Brightness & Contrast, full frame.
Is this a composite? No

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
2 Likes

Good-lookin’ frog, Jim. I have a few Gray’s that hang around here, but I have yet to catch one on a suitable perch for posting. You got it all, here. Good subject, good perch, good background. Nice work.

1 Like

Great capture Jim, the nice sharp detail and how the composition was done very well. The vegetation and lighting really bring out this subject very well.

1 Like

Hello friend, its only after reading , i got to know its a tiny creature. Love the color scheme. Thanks for sharing a beautiful subject.

Balan Vinod

1 Like

I am so glad you found this little guy, Jim, and pulled out the gear into the rain. I love the perch he is on, with all the lichen too. I am sure he was enjoying the rain. Nice details, and a wonderful smooth background.

1 Like

I love it and am jealous - I only ever seem to find these frogs on the deck, never in a more natural environment. Odd green shade here, too. Usually they are brighter, at least that’s how I find them. They camouflage so well. The background is wonderful and I love the lichen, too.

1 Like

What a cutie pie! Love the pose and the perch with the surrounding colors that the frog is on. Worth shooting in the rain! Nice capture!

1 Like