Toms

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any/All

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any/All

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

I’ve recently acquired Topaz’s ReMask 5 and I just had an opportunity to put it to use. There’s been some turkeys hanging around the neighborhood and I got this shot of a couple of toms but it had a house in the background. This is a cheat from the grass area up on the background. I later shot the same general area w/o any houses with about the same bokeh as if I were focused on the toms. I used my D500, Nikon 2-500 lens, Niko 1.4 TC, 1/500th, f/8.0, ISO 720, 280mm, cropped to 4078 x 3044, hand held, for both shots. I used Topaz AI Clear and ReMask 5.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Nice strutting posts and superb technique getting both in focus. I think your replaced background works quite well. The only thing I see is a dark area at the top of the grass at the transitional aspect of the image. Tough to get this as natural as possible even using re-mask five.

This is excellent, Dave. Probably the best Turkey image I’ve seen posted on this site. Both birds are tack sharp and the hill let you get the background nicely out of focus and also get the birds at your eye level. They also cooperated nicely by staying in step. Just noticed the change in the upper background. You pulled it off very nicely.

Good job with the composite, getting them both in focus, and even strutting in sync.
Nice detail too.
the only suggestion I’d have would be to move them off dead-center, with much more room in front.
Quite nice!
Sandy

For me the tree trunk is a distraction.

Hi Dave, I think you did a good job with the composite and I like the overall scene you chose. Birds look nice to me.

These guys are really struttin’ their stuff. Nice and colorful and good focus control.