Torres Del Paine Morning

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

This is an image from last October when I was leading a group in Torres Del Paine National Park in Chile. The mountains there are spectacular and dominate the landscape. This was an early morning shot with lovely purple / pink hues in the water reflected from the rising sun and the mountains. Cropped a bit from the bottom. Interested to hear your thoughts on the image and what works and what doesn’t.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Keith, You have captured magical light in one of the world’s most magical places. How fortunate you are to have an in-depth experience with Torres Del Paine and Patagonia. My only observation/question is that the horizon line appears just a snitch lower on the left.
This could be an optical illusion or just the way I am seeing the image. I like the lenticular looking clouds and the balance of them in the reflected water. Nice image.

Hi Keith,

This is a lovely blue hour shot and the clouds are amazing.

On an iPhone it seems like the hues in the reflection are bit more saturated than the mountains and sky. I’d look to tone the saturation there and boost the sky as the reflection is catchy at the moment and for me the star of the show is the skyline.

Gorgeous Keith! Love the colors.

I think pano crop would be beautiful as well and give the viewer a slightly closer look and those impressive peaks. I’m guessing though that the reflection was just as important to you and I think certainly warrants keeping the crop as presented.

Can’t say I recall or know your stance here, but if you’re so inclined, I was think about moving the two slivers of clouds off the left edge. My eye is drawn to that tiny merge on the left edge. I guess that’s pretty picky, but thought I would toss it out there…

What a place and no doubt a grand experience being there.

Lon

@Lon_Overacker. Thank you for your insightful comments. Yes, the reflection was important to me on this image so I chose to not crop any further. I do like the thought of moving the two small slivers of clouds from the left edge just a bit. Thanks for the time to review as always.

Beautiful light, colors and image. I would concur about a slight rotation and agree with Lon about the cloud slivers, but not a big deal in the slightest. Great take on a great location.