Transcendent

As the title suggests, the feeling I had viewing this scene goes beyond the normal human experience. I’ve never been disappointed with my many visits to the Vermillion Cliffs Nat’l Monument. The geology is off the charts and has been described by many as “otherworldly.”
I was fortunate to have a thunderstorm roll through just prior to taking this image. It certainly added some colorful clouds and fantastic light. Enjoy!
Ken

7 Likes

I hope you have wall space for this one, Ken. How beautiful a scene.

1 Like

Thanks Shirley. Yep, although a have a few from this area, no doubt I will be hanging this one!
Cheers

1 Like

Great image Ken! I have to add this place to my “must see” when this pandemic is over.

1 Like

Yea, Mark it is sensory overload going to this place!

1 Like

What time of year did you visit?

Mark, this particular image is in August. The summer months offer the advantage of thunderstorms and their unique clouds. However, I’ve been there multiple times from March-September. Each season has its own value. Never been there in the winter. I imagine snow on the rocks could be interesting. FYI…there are many roads in the Monument that are very sandy. Thus, a 4 wheel drive vehicle is highly recommended.

1 Like

Very good to know. I have a Subaru but yes, I’ve read the sand is a definite issue and potentially a very expensive one.

1 Like

What Shirley said. It’s great! Wel done

1 Like