Tree Bubbles

There’s a huge Dawn Redwood tree in my front yard that builds up sections of bubbles sometimes when it rains. Yesterday morning was one of those times, so I had fun setting in the rain taking bubble photos. Here are two. The first one is an 8 shot stack, the second one is an 11 shot stack. I wanted stacks because the bubbles were in piles and a stack got all of the bubble edges decently sharp. (7D2, 180mm macro, 1/13 s & 1/4 s, f/8, iso 800, tripod)

4 Likes

These are truly wild, Mark. A wild abstract(s) to say the least. My first thought was some kind of honey cone filled with liquid in the openings. I’m sure you could pick out just one multi-sectioned one and make it a stand alone image too. Regardless, an interesting array of “bubbles” overall… :sunglasses:

Very cool image, Mark. I too had honey cone on my mind when I first saw this. A must seen in the larger version.

Mark, these are outstanding, abstract art at its finest !!

They are an interesting blend of macro and landscape photography, each bubble looks like its own tiny little world. A very creative set of images, what a neat effect you achieved…

Very cool abstracts. I prefer the closeup due to its detail revealed within the bubbles. Great shapes and colors.

Looks like load of fun, Mark. Definitely has an abstract quality to it, but I must admit, I also first thought of honey combs. Fine idea and nicely done.

Cool images! i really like the second one where the tree reflections are emphasized.

So cool. I thought this was a bee hive until I opened it up Mark. Each bubble is reflecting the world beyond and each is unique in it’s own way. Really enjoying the color palate as well. Great job with the stacking. Superb abstract image. So unique. I prefer the second image.

Really beautiful abstract image, Mark! I especially like the reflections of the trees in them. Beautiful work!

Awesome. This is really cool. The second one is more colorful. Nice. Also, nice work on the stacking.

Wow! Just fantastic! I want to reach in and squish them all and hear them pop, like bubble wrap. But your bubbles are way more beautiful. What a great image. Congrats!

The closeup is also my favorite although both are wonderful. Now if you could get these bubbles to form on your pond in the winter (thinking of your great ice photos).

WOW! Wonderful and amazing! I think the second is more appealing, due to more variation and a clearer point of interest, but both are wonderful.

Sweet looking abstracts, Mark. While both are very nice I prefer the second one just for the array of different shades of color. All of the differnt shapes and lines are quite mesmerizing and remind me of a honeycomb. No suggestions from me.

Fantastic abstract Mark. Striking detail especially in the close up version.