Tsaina River Sunlight #1

Looking upstream at the Tsaina River, surrounding valley and the Worthington Glacier in the distant mountains. This is ~35 miles from Valdez, Alaska on the Richardson Highway. It was approximately -27 F and shortly after a heavy snow fall. You can see the ice fog above the open parts of the river in the distant valley.

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: Yes

4 vertical photos stitched into a panorama. Taken many years ago with a Sony DSC-F707.

1 Like

Cold, cold, cold! I can’t even imagine -27F, being a wimpy Californian. Really gorgeous light on the mountains, and the detail in all that brightness is great.

Hi Gary, this is so beautiful! I love the way the mountains are lit up and the shadows. And all the snow on the trees! Just perfect!

Gary, this is both lovely and stark. The mix of whites, light and mild blue sky are very striking. Definitely a wall hanger.

This looks so much like Alaska. I might raise the fg shadows to the level of those on the mountains.

Spectacular! I love the shadowed FG against the distant mountains in full sun. Wonderful idea to do the panorama stitch to capture the great detail.