Tulip Still Life

I shot these on a light table in the studio and then proceeded to combine with some backgrounds that I had shot and then utilized Topaz Impressions. Tripod, diffuser under skylight, reflector, D800, nikkor 105 mm at F22, 1/3 sec,

Commentary welcome. Not sure if I like this or not. I really got a ton of use out of the tulips my sister in law gave me!

Best to all
Kathy

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

I like this. It definitely caught my attention on the front page. There’s a certain ethereal quality to this, almost as if the vase is floating in a yellow cloud. I could see trying to enhance that feel by coloring in or cloning out the base to match the surroundings.

Allen
Thank you for the kind words and the suggestion. It cant be cloned as is as I already have a texture on it (I learned that one the hard way) but I am going to take it back to the stage it was at pre texture and do what you suggest and then reapply a texture. May take a little time as I set aside time today for taxes (ugh)
Best
Kathy

Kathy: Beautiful in every way. The drooping leaf makes this more compelling IMO and the BG treatment is wonderful. Superbly crafted image.>=))>

1 Like

Pure art! Like everything from the choice of subject to the textures and background color choice. Well done.

1 Like

Splendid! It attracted me from the front page, I like the blend of ethereal and real - and I like the image as is. A beautiful image…

1 Like

This is absolutely gorgeous Kathy. I love that you have just a little bit of the table showing through - a floating vase would bother my senses :slight_smile: I wouldn’t change a thing!

1 Like

Kathy, this is a stunning image!

1 Like

@Tony_Siciliano @Patricia_Brundage @Antonello_Provenzale @Carol_Nichols @Bill_Fach

Wow! Thank you all for the kind comments! I think I will print it ! I really hesitated on this one because it is so different for me.

Best
Kathy

Perfect choice of background - soft and misty - allowing the sharp forms of the tulip leaves to play against it. Very nicely conceived and executed, Kathy !!

1 Like

What an absolutely terrific image!

I really like the color palette in the upper left as a complementary color to all the yellow. And you have the beginnings of same towards the lower right…which I tend to think could provide a little additional overall ‘balance’ for the shot if processed to be closer to upper left.

Or…I wonder if it wouldn’t be worth trying to use that upper left palette as the background for the entire image. I’m inclined to think the yellow flowers would almost literally jump off the page were that the case. It would certainly give the shot an entirely different vibe and may not be to your taste, but thought I’d throw it out as food for thought.