Tulum Snow

We were in Mexico having breakfast or lunch, and I looked up and saw this wonderful pattern of leaves and branches. Immediately, I saw it as a black-and-white photograph and used Lightroom to do a b/w infrared conversion that I knew would make the leaves go pale and accent the branches. Other than that, there was very little editing/developing, as I prefer to do it in the camera, just as I did back in the days of film. While the title is “Tulum Snow” and there was no snow in that part of Mexico (tried to locate a region_north_america tag), for sure, it reminded me of the stark branches on a New England winter’s day.

1 Like

Hey Margo,

Really love the highkey look of this image and how the main branch leeds the eyes along the diagonal.

Thanks for sharing,
Cheers.

1 Like

João, that is exactly what caught my eye. I tend to see in diagonals and triangles. Thank you for noticing!

1 Like

Wonderful treatment of the leaves … sending them to white. I know exactly what images I want to try that on from my archives!

1 Like

I thought it was a way to really bring out the structure of the branches. And thank you!