Turtlehead - not what you expect

Cuthbert’s turtlehead, state rare plant. Rainy day, Photo has been cropped to center in the flower (turtlehead).

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any. Being this close, was there any method I should have used to also focus on the raindrops on the back flowers?

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
focal ln - 48mm. f5.6, 1/60, exposure +.7 EV, iso 400. Nikon D3500 , 18-55 nikkor lens.

Thanks in advance.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Hi Mike. Thank you for posting in Flora. I had to Google Cuthbert’s Turtlehead to find out a little about this plant. It is one that I’ve never had the pleasure of seeing. Your choice of centering the flower works well and the background is reasonably clean. I do wish the focus was sharper on the petals in the back which would also show off the raindrops. To get the whole blossom in focus without a macro lens I take the longest lens I own, step way back, focus and shoot. In post processing I crop to bring the subject in closer. I’m sure others have a much more technical approach to getting the whole flower in focus.