Twilight Thime

Description:Setting sun at Chincoteague National Park ,VA

Specific Feedback Requested:

Any and all is appreciated

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Is this a composite? (focus stacks or exposure blends are not considered composites)NO

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
3 Likes

James, I have planted my tripod right where yours was for this shot, a few times! I am from that area originally (Pocomoke City, MD, about 30 minutes), and so always love to go there to shoot when home visiting family and friends.

You captured some nice light in this image. It would be nice to know your camera settings and your setup, if you could provide that.

I am sure enjoying the image. Brings back lots of good memories. Thank you.

This is a beautiful wetlands scene. I love the reeds/grasses in the foreground, and the sunset colors are very pretty.

James, this is an outstanding scene with excellent colors in the sky reflected well in the water. The bit of water at the bottom is a good lead while the silhouette group of trees makes a fine visual anchor.

I can see why this might be a tripod hole. The leading line and the reflection opportunities look infinite. Great use of those things to produce a very pleasing image. You could clone that little stripe of reflection in the LRC pretty easily. It’s a tiny bit too centered for my taste, but that’s just me.

I would love to live close enough and be able to visit on the spur of the moment. This image was from my last trip and I finally got to see and photograph the horses.

My camera is a Sony a7Rm3 and I used a 24-105 f/4 G lens. Settings: 1 sec f/16 @100mm 100 iso. Thanks for the comments -glad you enjoyed the image.

Thank you for the info. Sounds like good settings, and for me, it came out nicely.

I live in NC now, and with the pandemic, and my husband having early stages dementia and other health issues, I rarely get back to see this wonderful place. I had hoped to go next month, but the prospects are waning.

I have opened your image up a few times and just sat here viewing it and just enjoying good memories there. Thank you for sharing.

Gorgeous!! Classic colors and composition, with wonderful tonal detail! The color gradients are fantastic!

Stopped there at mid-day last week. Very few birds and the horses were no where to be seen. People on the other hand… never seen so many people at the beach. Cars as far as you could see parked on the beach. Hope to go back again during the snow geese migration.

Now, your image is how I remember this beautiful place. Great composition, colors and light/shadow. You should print this large and on metal.