Undisturbed

The timeless mountains of northern Utah. How I’ve come to appreciate their majestic appearance, sentinels who have seen the coming and goings of man. How fleeting our lives must seem to the mountains who stand…undisturbed

Olympus EM5MarkII/Lumix 100-300mm
Adobe Lightroom/SilverEfex Pro

Please do not critique this image. Galleries are for sharing and discussion only.
4 Likes

Great light and great mood, Mark. Very enjoyable image.

1 Like

Masterful B&W image here Mark, I love the way your processing draws the viewer into the tree in the LRC, great use of vignetting. Lots of mood and drama in this image, all enhanced by your B&W conversion. I’d bet that the color version is nowhere near as interesting as this.

1 Like

Spectacular light on this mountain scene!

1 Like

Beautiful! I grew up in Salt Lake City living in the east bench. We had a view of the Wasatch out our kitchen window. To this day, when I know a certain direction is north (etc) and have to figure out the other directions I have to imagine Salt Lake City and think to myself "East is out our window, south is towards Provo, north is towards Ogden, west is towards the lake.

1 Like

This is really nice. I love the textures and tones in the image. Nicely done!

1 Like

Amazing. I love the mood and the contrast

1 Like

Thanking you Harley!

Cheers Ed! I happen to like dark images and don’t really care/fear about sacrificing details in the shadows to get the mood I need.

Cheers Ken!

Love the tones in this one!

1 Like

Wow, exceptionally fine image. Very impactful work!

Thanks Keith! It was a moody, bitterly cold day. I paid for this one!

Yeah! Alpine! Beautifully done, Mark!
-P

1 Like

The conversion and editing look fantastic. And the light, wow!

1 Like

The tones and the mood of this are just unbelievably good. Did you dodge and burn this or was it a moment of dappled light?

1 Like

Hmm, I would say a combo. The “range of light” that morning was damn near off the scale but I did dodge and burn it using SilverEfex Pro and Lightroom. The last thing I remember about that morning was it was 11 Fahrenheit and my toes weren’t happy with me for a couple of days.

M

1 Like

Cheers Preston! A great morning in the Wasatch mountains practically in my back yard. I live in Ogden.

M

Dramatic and kind of soothing at the same time.
Excellent., You really make B & W come alive.
One of the best for me at what you present with the vision you obviously have.

Stunning light Mark and another wonderful B&W conversion.

1 Like