Unnamed creek

Description: Simply a restful spot on an unnamed creek.

Specific Feedback Requested: Composition and processing

Pertinent technical details or techniques: 70mm f/16 1.6 sec iso 100

Is this a composite? (focus stacks or exposure blends are not considered composites) No

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

1 Like

Mario, I am surprised by how much I like this image. The composition is a bit unusual but I like how I go back and forth with the tree trunks, as if they are talking to each other. The creek holds the image together.

How lovely to meet you again Adhika!

Like Adhika, I like the unusual composition. If I was there, I may have walked a few steps to the right to get more of the creek in the frame. I had a look at your masterful portfolio. Very inspiring. You don’t need lessons in composition. The trees are beautifully balanced through the image and I just want to run through the soft grass. The mysterious, shadowy background is calling out to be explored.

1 Like

I read this and decided to have a look as well. I agree. You don’t need ‘lessons’ in composition. And frankly, that’s why I wondered why you made this choice to have the trees along the edges and the main space taken up by grass. Sometimes the unexpected is inviting because it’s different. Maybe you’re wanting to see what reaction you’ll get. The reaction I would have had is that this was done with a purpose. In fact, many of the comps in your website have an unusual beauty to them partly because they look at things differently. Often using light and shadow to convey that beauty.

Thank you all @Adhika_Lie @glennie @Igor_Doncov for your comments and very kind comments on my portfolio. I think my images are sometimes different because I have absolutely no training in photography …simply self taught and with the extremely helpful feedback on NPN. I guess I try not to constrain myself by too many rules in composing and processing. Processing is my weak area…really only using LR and often at a loss as to how to accomplish a portion of a vision for an image.

With this image I was actually more drawn to the BG lighting on the open area. Thought bringing the eye through with the tree placement and to some extent the creek would do that.