Walking Tom

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any/All

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any/All

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

I keep seeing lots of turkeys near our house and I’m usually trying to capture the toms showing off to the girls but I enjoyed the look of this guy just walking. They have some killer iridescent feathers when the sun hits them just right and there’s a little of that going on here. I cloned out a distracting tree trunk out of the shaded background area (PS). D500, Nikon 2-500 lens, hand held, 1/1000th, f/8.0, ISO 400, 410mm, cropped to 4176 c 3205, AI Clear.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Hi Dave,

All that’s needed is a slight head turn by the turkey. The feathers have some amazing colors and I like the composition. The dark BG is also an esseential element in this photo. Well done…Jim

Excellent detail in the Turkey, Dave, and the colors, particularly the orange, is wonderful. I agree with Jim that a bit of a head turn would really cap this off. Maybe you should invest in a turkey call:grin:

Yes, very fine colors on the bird. The need of a head turn has been mentioned. I believe I see cloning artifacts to the right of the bird. Nice feather detail.